THE MAIN CULTURAL EVENT IN MAURICIE
WHO ARE WE?
- NONPROFIT organization
- 1993: creation of the International de l’Art Vocal
- 2008: the event becomes the FestiVoix de Trois-Rivières
- ANNUAL BUDGET: 3.6 million dollars, 80% of which comes from private funding
- ATTENDANCE of 300 000 festival-goers in 2018
MEMBER OF THE RÉMI :
REGROUPEMENT DES ÉVÉNEMENT MAJEURS INTERNATIONAUX
IN 3 WORDS
16 stages right in the heart of the historic district of the Old Trois-Rivières, lively downtown area and next to the St. Lawrence River!
Festival pass at 46$ giving access to nearly 100 shows during the 9 days of the festival. Free admission for children 12 years and under. Free admission for everyone at three of the stages.
16 stages offering very varied music genres! Internationally renowned and emerging artists come together in our diverse lineup.
TROIS-RIVIÈRES: A CULTURAL AND HISTORICAL CITY
- Founded in 1634, Trois-Rivières is the second oldest French-speaking city in North America.
- The Old Trois-Rivières was selected as a heritage site in 1964.
- Trois-Rivières is located less than 90 minutes away from Montreal and Quebec City with an easy access to the south shore via the majestic Laviolette Bridge.
- A city for foodies and festive people thanks to its numerous restaurants and bars.
- Population of 266 000 in Mauricie.
- Close by: La Mauricie National Park, nautical activities, outdoor activities and biking on the Chemin du Roy.
STAGES WITH CAPACITY RANGING FROM 50 TO 17 000 PERSONS
7 Vivats awards granted by the Conseil québécois des événements écoresponsables have found a home in our office.
- 2016 – Award for socio-economic engagement
- 2016 – Award for transport and energy efficiency
- 2015 – Awards for socio-economic engagement, public event and a jury mention for the Grand Vivat
- 2014 – Award for socio-economic engagement and the Grand Vivat
- 2013 – Award for transport and energy efficiency
We are also quite proud to have brought home two Radisson awards granted by the Chambre de commerces de Trois-Rivières.
- 2018 – Award for the Touristic Enterprise of the Year
- 2015 – Award for the Cultural Business of the Year
But also :
- 2018 – The FestiVoix received the Grand Prix de la Culture de Trois-Rivières
- 2017-2018 – Three Tourism Awards of Excellence: Sustainable Tourism and Volunteer Management handed out by the Alliance de l’Industrie du Tourisme du Québec and the Société des attractions touristiques du Québec, in collaboration with the Ministère du Tourisme.
A SUSTAINABLE FESTIVAL
Since 2007, the FestiVoix has been invested in sustainable development along with its team, volunteers, partners and, especially its festival-goers, who have become truly eco-friendly over the years. Sustainable development is a true mindset for us, with concrete eco-friendly, social and economic actions based on innovation and discussion.
For 11 years, the FestiVoix has put up increasingly important operations to raise awareness and inspire our festival-goers to adopt sustainable habits and be greener!
TRANSPORTATION WITHOUT POLLUTION!
During the 2018 edition of the FestiVoix there was:
Public transport at a reduced cost for festival-goers (1$)
13 040 travels via the STTR shuttle service
8 bicycle taxis and 5 electric shuttles
Bicycle taxis operated by volunteers from the AÉROBIN fitness center
4 electric bikes
Used by our team to move around the festival site
One electric car
Used for all the team’s travels for several weeks prior to the event
Downtown, 6 streets are closed to cars during 9 days
Now larger and available for free to all cyclists
12 electric golf carts are used
by our permanent team and the teams in charge of setting up the structures during the event.
- Green squad made up of several volunteers
- Waste sorting and recycling (2 tons recycled)
- Ecocups (3 500 glasses)
- Handing out of reusable water bottles
- Maintenance of four carbon sinks (1 140 trees)
A FESTIVAL AT THE HEART OF ITS COMMUNITY
In 2018, the FestiVoix gave away $25,822 worth of entry tickets to local charities and community-based organizations.
In 2018, the FestiVoix raised $9 240 for Opération Enfant Soleil and for the Fonds Gilles Rousseau of the RSTR foundation.
In 5 CHSLDs, at the Laliberté residences and the Carpe Diem center for people unable to go to the event site.
Promoting the next generation of musicians and artists
The FestiVoix is involved in various organizations (Les Découvertes culturelles, Festival International de la chanson de Granby, Le Syli d’Or).
Giving out leftover food
from the corporate lounges (that wasn’t served during the evening) to the Maison de Connivence.
270 local artists
have performed at the FestiVoix in 2018.
Conferences given by FestiVoix employees
in secondary schools, universities as well as to retirees and senior citizens.
Main stages are easily accessible
to people with reduced mobility and their accompanying person can enter for free.
Promoting new musicians and francophone music
to festival-goers and young people.
CULTURE ACCESSIBLE TO ALL THANKS TO OUR SPONSORS
Very accessible pricing policy
that takes into account the variety of our public’s financial situation
More than 100 shows on 15 stages in 2018
for all audiences
37 free concerts in 2018
70% of which volunteer again in following years
Free entry for children 12 years old and under
if accompanied by an adult who owns a pass
Exclusive discounts in local tourism businesses
upon presentation of the festival pass
Creation of accommodation packages in local hotels
Over 1 600 free meals served to our volunteers. They also have their own break room.
SEVERAL MILLION DOLLARS IN BENEFITS TO THE ECONOMY AND TOURISM INDUSTRY
Partnership with collegial and academic institutions
120 partnerships with local and national companies
Get exclusive summer discounts in various tourism businesses in Mauricie upon presentation of the festival pass.