Respect for privacy and the protection of personal information are essential to FestiVoix, which hereby undertakes to protect such information in accordance with applicable laws and to collect, process and share personally identifiable information only with the consent of the individual concerned, unless permitted or required by law, in which case consent will not be required. To this end, this policy aims to establish responsible and transparent practices for the management of Personal Information and to meet the requirements of the rules established by Bill 25 as well as by federal laws of Canada.
By browsing our website or using our systems or services, you acknowledge that you have read and understood this policy and consent to your personal data and information being processed in accordance with it, where applicable.
- Definition of personal information;
- Use of personal information;
- Consent procedures;
- Sources and technological means of data collection;
- Nature of personal information collected;
- Copyright and intellectual property rights;
- Sharing and reasons for sharing personal information with third parties;
- Access to and control of personal information;
- Security of personal information;
- Retention of personal information;
- Coming into force and updating of the policy;
- Contact information for the person responsible.
DEFINITION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
For the purposes of this Policy, FestiVoix considers personal information to be any information about a natural person that directly or indirectly makes it possible to distinguish and identify that person, such as name, contact information, photos, e-mail address, date of birth, information relating to an account created on one of the FestiVoix Services or information relating to the payment of a product or service. It may also include technical information, such as the IP addresses of visitors to the Websites, browsing history on our Websites and Applications, but only when this information makes it possible to identify an individual.
Wherever possible, rather than using Personal Information, FestiVoix will anonymize and/or aggregate Personal Information so that it no longer identifies an individual. Aggregated information that cannot be associated with an identifiable individual is not considered Personal Information.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The information gathered by FestiVoix is collected in order to provide or evaluate and analyze the performance of the products and services offered by the organization, to improve the proposed experience, to offer content adapted to your preferences, to better target your interests during our advertising campaigns and promotional offers, to develop new offers as well as for statistical purposes or to meet legal obligations. FestiVoix generally uses Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To provide products and services. Personal information is collected in order to provide products and services to our customers, to establish and administer sales and to respond to your requests. For example, to proceed with the sale and/or distribution of access rights, to communicate news about the organization, to survey our customers, to promote our events, to plan the human resources required on the sites, etc.
- Evaluation and analysis of product and service performance. The data collected may be used to evaluate and analyze the performance of products and services. The information may be used to determine the advantages and disadvantages of our services and products and to ensure their quality (error reports when purchasing a ticket or consulting an online program, etc.).
- Improving user experience or products and services. The data collected may be used to improve your browsing experience on our Sites or our products, in particular by adding new features or capabilities.
- Proposition of adapted and personalized content. The data collected allows us to create relevant and personalized content according to your preferences based on information gathered such as activities, interests and purchasing behavior.
- Creation of targeted advertising campaigns and promotional offers. The data collected may be used to create or adapt advertising and promotional offers according to your interests. For example, we may predict your entertainment interests based on your most recent purchases, and suggest new activities that you may enjoy.
- Development of new offers. We may use the data we collect for research and development purposes, in order to offer you new products and services tailored to your needs.
- Statistics and surveys. Information may be collected for statistical purposes, to provide an accurate picture of the real clientele in the tourism sector.
- Recruitment. If you apply for a job or volunteer position within the organization, your Personal Information may be used for recruitment, human resources and payroll purposes.
- Legal obligations. Data is collected to meet legal and regulatory requirements and obligations arising from laws, regulations or international treaties.
- Customer support. We use data to diagnose and resolve problems with products and/or services and/or to provide other support and assistance services.
- Security. We use data to protect the security of our products and customers. Our security features may include preventing malware from running, notifying users when malware is detected on their device, or using video surveillance to ensure public safety at events.
- Commercial transactions. We use data to process your transactions with us. For example, we process payment information to provide customers with products purchased from our online shops/ticketing services.
- Reporting and business operations. We use data to analyze our operations and improve decision-making. This enables us to make informed decisions and create reports on the performance of our activities.
- Protection of rights and property. We use data to detect and prevent fraud, resolve disputes, enforce contracts and protect our property. For example, we use data to confirm the validity of tickets sold in order to combat fraud. We may use automated processes to detect and prevent activities that violate our rights and those of third parties.
- Legal compliance. Data is processed in accordance with the law. For example, we may use the age of our customers to ensure that we comply with our obligations to protect the privacy of children, or to ensure that the customer complies with the recommended age for the audience. We also process contact details and identifiers to help customers exercise their data protection rights.
METHODS OF COLLECTING CONSENT
The FestiVoix de Trois-Rivières may collect personal information in various forms, but will do so only by lawful means and only for the necessary purposes disclosed to you, as described in this Policy, or when permitted or required by law. FestiVoix is committed to obtaining your consent prior to collecting your personal information. Consent may be express or implied and may be provided directly by the individual or by his or her authorized representative. The form of consent may vary depending on the circumstances and the type of information sought.
FestiVoix prefers to obtain express consent, whether verbally, electronically or in writing. However, implied consent may be reasonably inferred from a person’s action or inaction. For example, providing a name and address to receive a publication, or a name and telephone number to obtain an answer to a question, is considered implied consent to the collection of information containing personal information. In determining the appropriate type of consent, we take into account the sensitivity of the personal information involved, the purposes for which it is collected and the reasonable expectations of a similarly situated individual.
If we want to use your personal information for a new purpose, we will describe the intended use and ask for your consent again.
It is not always possible, particularly in the case of government requests, to obtain consent for the collection, use or disclosure of personal information. We will never disclose such information other than in accordance with this Policy, except as required or permitted by law.
DATA COLLECTION SOURCES AND TECHNOLOGIES
Social Media. If you connect to one of our Services using a social media account such as Facebook, Google, LinkedIn or Twitter, FestiVoix may collect certain information found in your registration profile that is made available to us by the Social Media Platforms. The profile information we receive may vary depending on the social media provider involved, but often includes name and email address. In compliance with applicable privacy laws, FestiVoix may also, if you have consented, collect other personal information when using Social Media Platforms, such as details of your friends/connections, “likes”, comments, groups and location in order to improve our services, tailor our content and deliver interesting promotional offers based on your profile. The information may also be used to create personalized audiences.
Data-Coop Culture and Pixel Culture. FestiVoix uses the Data-Coop Culture service to collect browsing information from visitors to our site. Thanks to the Pixel Culture installed on our site, we collect information to better understand the cultural interests and tastes of Internet users who consult our pages or make purchases. The data collected may be used to suggest cultural activities that match your interests through personalized advertising on other sites’ advertising networks.
Mobile application. Certain information such as name, email address, location and other service identifiers such as the Facebook UID may be collected via the FestiVoix mobile application designed by Greencopper for the purpose of providing you with access to the functionality of the Services and, with your consent, to provide you with personalized recommendations about artists, events or products related to the event to which the Services relate (the “Event” ) as well as to provide you with personalized access to targeted content. Greencopper may also activate targeted advertising and enable personalized targeted messaging, with your consent.
Ticketing. FestiVoix collects personal information through its Weezevent ticketing system. When you use the ticketing system to purchase admission, FestiVoix collects the following personal information: name, e-mail address, credit card information and billing information, including address and telephone number. This information is used only for the following purposes: credit card processing; mailing of admission fees; contact in the event of cancellation, postponement or any other important change related to an event; and for advertising or marketing purposes if you have consented.
Management system. FestiVoix collects personal information through its Zone Festival system, such as name, contact information, e-mail address, date of birth and other essential information in order to coordinate the various teams that put on the event.
Online store. FestiVoix collects personal information through its online store boutiquefestivoix.com, such as name, e-mail address and billing information, solely for the purpose of processing the transaction.
In certain other cases, we may collect Personal Information from third parties with prior consent and/or as authorized by law.
NATURE DES RENSEIGNEMENTS PERSONNELS COLLECTÉSNATURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
The personal information collected, as well as its sensitivity, may vary depending on the context of the interactions between you and the FestiVoix de Trois-Rivières. This is why we must inform you of the nature of the personal information we use.
- Name and contact information. First and last name, e-mail address, mailing address, telephone number and other similar data.
Photographs. Photos of the individual taken during participation in the event.
Credentials. Passwords, password hints and similar security information.
- Demographic and geographic data. Age, gender, geographical area, language of communication and similar information.
- Payment data. Data required to process payments, such as payment instrument number (e.g., credit card number) and associated security code.
- Subscription data. Information about subscriptions to cultural events and company newsletters.
- Images and sounds. Audiovisual data used to ensure user safety, particularly on the sites of cultural events for which we are organizers or hosts.
- Interactions. Data relating to the sites visited and the use of the websites, platforms and tools created, browsing behavior and other similar data.
- Account history. Data on items purchased and activities chosen.
- Troubleshooting and support data. Data provided when a user contacts FestiVoix for help or to resolve a problem, including products used and other information that helps us resolve problems.
- Interests and preferences. Data on users’ interests and preferences, such as artists or music styles, preferred types of exhibitions and cultural events, preferred cities to attend certain cultural events.
- Data on content consumption. Data on the multimedia content (TV, video, music, audio, books, applications and games) that users access via our products.
- Searches and orders. Search requests and orders made by users.
- Textual, input and handwritten data. Textual, input and handwritten data and related information.
- Location data. Data, which may or may not be precise, about the location of users’ devices. For example, location data may be collected from a device’s IP address, or from account profile data that indicates with less precision the user’s location, such as the name of a city or a postal code.
- Other data. Other data provided when users use our website, including data from Google Analytics.
COPYRIGHT AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
The information contained in this Website is the property of FestiVoix de Trois-Rivières, which holds the intellectual property rights. Copyright and intellectual property rights apply to all documents, data, compilations and other content appearing on or otherwise accessible through this Website. Any retransmission, copy, use, reproduction, broadcast or publication of the content, whether a photograph, audio or video document, in whole or in part, is prohibited without prior written authorization from FestiVoix, without which the user could be exposed to legal proceedings.
The names of companies, products, services and logos appearing on the FestiVoix Website may be trademarks registered or not by their respective owners and protected accordingly. It is therefore forbidden to use any trademark appearing on this Website without the prior written authorization of FestiVoix or the holder of the rights to this trademark. The preceding paragraph also applies to any third-party intellectual property rights used on the Website, including, without limitation, any computer code belonging to a third party.
All content on the Web Site must be used for viewing or listening purposes only.
For copyright information and authorization, please contact email@example.com.
CAPTURE AND DISTRIBUTION OF YOUR IMAGE
By purchasing a FestiVoix admission ticket or by your presence on the various public event sites, you grant FestiVoix the right to use your image, likeness, actions and statements in any transmission, publication or reproduction of the event in any manner or circumstance whatsoever, without further permission or compensation. The holder of a FestiVoix admission ticket and/or a festival-goer present on the event sites waives all claims that may arise from the capture of his/her image while he/she is on the premises where the event is taking place and from the use and/or distribution of this image for promotional or other purposes.
At any time, you may modify the use that may be made of this image by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SHARING AND REASONS FOR SHARING PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
FestiVoix does not share users’ personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of FestiVoix de Trois-Rivières, with the exception of our authorized suppliers and partners who need access to the information for the purposes listed in this policy and within the limits of this policy, as well as in the following cases:
- With your consent.
- For storage on cloud servers, where personal information may be transferred to third-party jurisdictions. Please note that we only retain the services of reputable companies with privacy policies.
- For legal reasons: We transmit personal information outside our company if access to it is necessary to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
The FestiVoix de Trois-Rivières will not sell or rent your personal information to third parties.
TERMS OF ACCESS AND CONTROL OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
FestiVoix de Trois-Rivières ensures that all personal information in its possession is as accurate, current and complete as necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used.
REMOVAL FROM THE MAILING LIST
You may unsubscribe from the FestiVoix mailing list at any time, by following the link at the bottom of all FestiVoix emails. Please note that this process of unsubscribing from the mailing list will not necessarily remove all of your personal information from our databases.
ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
At any time, you may request access to, rectification of or deletion of your personal information contained in the FestiVoix file. For any verification, comment or complaint to this effect, or in the event of an error in the information on the Website, please contact email@example.com. To the best of our ability, we will provide you with timely access to this personal information. However, for security reasons, you may be required to provide some identifying information.
In addition, there may be circumstances where we will not be able to provide you with access to personal information, for example where access may lead to the disclosure of another person’s personal information and that person refuses to consent to the disclosure, or where legal restrictions apply. If such a situation arises, the reason will be clearly communicated to you.
If the request concerns data appearing on third-party web pages or platforms, you will need to contact these third parties directly.
FestiVoix and/or its officers, directors, agents, partners, directors, employees, affiliates and other related entities, servants, agents and representatives will not be held liable for any damages resulting from the misuse of any information collected by the Third Party Services or by any third party.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The FestiVoix de Trois-Rivières attaches the utmost importance to the security of your personal information and undertakes to treat it in accordance with industry standards and norms, and solely for the purposes for which it is collected as described in this policy or in a specific notice to that effect, unless otherwise authorized by law. For this reason, all Personal Information we collect about you is protected by a range of robust business procedures and rigorous security measures to ensure that it remains confidential. However, given the inherent security limitations of transmission via the Internet, it is impossible to safeguard this information absolutely. Any information transmitted to us is therefore ultimately at your own risk.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The FestiVoix de Trois-Rivières keeps the data collected for different periods, depending on its nature and its usefulness in offering our products and services. The main places where personal information is stored are in the city in which FestiVoix de Trois-Rivières has offices or facilities and in the cities in which its third-party suppliers have servers containing the data collected.
Personal information may be stored outside the country in which the user resides if a third-party supplier or other entity to which we disclose personal information in accordance with this Policy is located outside the country. In such cases, personal information may be subject to the local laws of the countries or territories in which the information is collected, used, disclosed or stored, and may be accessible to the governmental and law enforcement authorities of such countries or territories.
Once the retention period has expired, personal information is destroyed. Only statistics or reports containing de-identified and anonymized data may be retained for extended periods of time.
ENTRY INTO FORCE AND UPDATING OF THE POLICY
This Policy applies as of September 2, 2023. The Policy was last amended on September 22, 2023.
CONTACT INFORMATION FOR THE PERSON RESPONSIBLE
FestiVoix de Trois-Rivières
800, rue du Fleuve, P.O. Box 1316
Trois-Rivières (Québec) G9A 5L2
Telephone: 819 372-4635
The FestiVoix site, published from Quebec, Canada, is governed by the laws of the province of Quebec and the laws of Canada applicable therein.